Tuesday, August 30, 2011

MCALEER TO SEEK YOUTH REGIONAL CHAIRMANSHIP

McAleer to run for Durham Youth Chair

It’s a brief retirement for Kurtis McAleer. The Former Youth Mayor announced today that he will be seeking the Chair of the new Durham Youth Council which meets in October for the first time.

McAleer, who just retired from the Ajax Youth Council in early August, said he was convinced because no one else had the experience to Chair the new Youth Council.

“After speaking with the majority of appointees to Durham Youth Council, I realized that most don’t have the experience that I do in the Chair’s position. I had to be convinced by some people but I didn’t have to think too hard about returning.” Said McAleer

McAleer said he expects he will be easily appointed as Chair but said he welcomes anyone wishing to challenge him.

“I’m sure I’ll be able to get the votes but I’d be happy to face a challenge.” Said McAleer

McAleer said that he will only serve as Chair as long as needed.

“I don’t intend on serving more than one term. I hope that I can help build this organization then move on.” Said McAleer

The Inaugural Meeting of the Durham Youth Council will be taking place in October.

No comments: